Diabetes is a chronic, serious and complex condition which affects the entire body. It can severely impact on a person’s morale and standard of living. Diabetes requires daily self-care. Failure to do this care can result in complications which significantly impact on wellness, quality of life and life expectancy.
Although there is no cure for diabetes, people with diabetes can benefit from personalized help to learn about diabetes and how to effectively manage it in order to lead a healthy, enjoyable life.
We offer a comprehensive home based diabetes support and management program designed to help patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes who are:
- Worried about starting insulin
- Unsure what to do with their blood sugar when it is high or low
- Don’t know how to manage their lifestyle to improve diabetes control
- Need help mapping out a diet plan customized to their needs
- Don’t know how to check their feet to prevent diabetic foot complications
- Already suffer from diabetic foot ulcers
- Want to reduce the stress of frequent trips to the hospital to treat diabetes-related complications
In this program, our diabetes advisors work in collaboration with you to provide you with the requisite attention in the comfort of your home.
Our diabetes program combines at home diabetes care, complemented by support through a diabetes management portal designed to specifically help patients manage and monitor their condition.
Our scope of service:
- Development of patient assessment and comprehensive care plan
- Screening and monitoring blood glucose levels, weight and blood pressure
- Insulin administration and management
- Diabetes education customized to patient needs
- Diet counseling and monitoring
- Active lifestyle education and counseling
- Monitoring for diabetes-related complications and implementation of preventive measures
- Diabetic foot care, counseling, and support